Timsgarry Byre is a very calming house, finished and equipped to a high standard with beautiful views across Uig bay and the mountains beyond. On a quiet loop road, it is within a few minutes’ walk of the beach, the local shop, the community centre and café and Uig Sands restaurant. Golden Eagles, Sea Eagles and deer can frequently be watched from the Byre. Corncrakes call at night during the breeding season. Otters are there but you need to be persistent and a little lucky.
It has taken four years to renovate, involving pretty much a complete ground up rebuild. So long because we’re pernickety, slow and determined to complete to a high standard rather than down to a budget. There is one bedroom, a hall, a bathroom, an open plan living area with conventional
kitchen and a studio cum coat & boot area. A magnificent panoramic vista of beach and mountains can be seen from the bed through an arc of windows. The bed(s) can be configured either as a super-king double or two singles. High quality bedding with goose down duvets
The building is kept warm by an environmentally friendly air source heat pump and underfloor heating. Facing south, there is plenty of sunlight and, as the house is very well insulated, the heating doesn’t come on much out-with the winter months. There is a wood burning stove with a supply of wood and peat. We have a walk-in shower with almost unlimited hot water. The studio area has a heated rack to dry out waterproofs after wet days outside. Unlimited broadband WiFi. Television with internet access and freesat connections. Internet radio. Carefully chosen library of books. For outdoor activities, two electric bikes and two body boards are included within the rent.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Sleeps 2||from £700.00 to £1,155.00 per unit per week|
*7-night minimum stay. Friday changeover.
£700 low season to £1,155 high season.
4 NIGHT STAYS AVAILABLE FROM NOVEMBER TO MARCH
- Restaurant - Uig Sands Restaurant and Uig Community Café both within 2 miles. Loch Croistean coffee shop and restaurant and The Edge Café within 6 miles.
- Shop - Uig Community Shop within half a mile
- Electric Cooker
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property - Underfloor heating in kitchen/lounge, hall and bathroom.
- Laundry Facilities not on Complex - Laundry service available in local Uig Community Shop, half a mile from the Byre
- Linen Provided
- Lounge - Open plan lounge/kitchen
- Multi Fuel Wood Burning Stove - Some wood and peat provided. Coal not recommended as the room would get too hot
- Private Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Equipment Hire - Two electric bikes and two body boards included in price of rent. Also fishing equipment on request.
- Internet Access
- Smoking Restricted - Outside only
- Satellite / Cable TV
- Coastal Location
- Island Location
- Mountains area
- Remote Location
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Village Location
- American Express Card
- Bank Transfers Accepted
- Debit Card
- Delta Card
- Diners Card
- JCB Card
- Maestro Card
- Solo Card
- Switch Card
- VISA Card
- Dogs Welcome - By arrangement
- Senior Citizens
- Single Travellers
- Bike Storage Available