This North Uist Self Catering accommodation is in the heart of bird watching heaven.
Spot eagles, peregrine falcons, hen harriers, buzzards and ravens. The corncrakes arrive in May and call from the garden.
From the house walk, cycle or drive the short distance southwards towards Balranald Bird Reserve to enjoy the glittering sands and jewel like machair flowers.
The cottage has a roomy kitchen well equipped with crockery, cooking utensils, a larder fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave, slow cooker, washing machine, drying pully and dishwasher.
For family entertainment there is a radio/cd/tape player with a selection of audible stories, an array of board games, jigsaw puzzles for all ages.The bookcase holds novels, books on local history, flora and fauna.
This was the home of the Bard Aonghas Lachlainn Bhig author of Eilean Uibhist Mo Ruin, recorded by Julie Fowles and the band Trail West.
The croft house retains its original 1930’s wood lining creating a cosy ambiance. There is central heating throughout for your comfort and an open fireplace in the living room.
In the generous area outside the house there is a washing line and ample space to sit or play and it offers plenty off road parking.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Sleeps 6-7||from £450.00 to £550.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Eating Out Facilities within 2 miles
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop - A general store with petrol
- Children Welcome
- Cot Available - 1 x travel cot
- Highchair Available - x 2
- Indoor Play Area
- Outdoor Play Area
- Electric Cooker
- Electric Shaver Point
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property
- Iron Available - And ironing board
- Linen Provided - All cotton and linen bedding
- Log Fire
- Open Hearth Fire
- Shared Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Disabled Access - for ground floor only
- No Smoking Permitted
- Picnic Area
- Smoking Restricted
- French Speaking
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Gift Shop - Gallery of Art work and cards
- No Television
- Coastal Location
- Island Location
- Property On Farm - On a croft
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View - Atlantic towards St Kilda
- American Express Card
- Bank Transfers Accepted
- Debit Card
- Delta Card
- JCB Card
- Maestro Card
- Solo Card
- Switch Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers - No feather soft furnishings/pillows/duvets covered by protectors
- Business Travellers
- Children Welcome
- Disabled Citizens - the ground floor is accessable.
- Groups Welcome
- Pets Welcome By Arrangement - Conditions apply
- Senior Citizens
- Young People
- Bike Storage Available
- On Public Transport Route - Bus service