The Decca is a former radio navigation station in the northwest of the Isle of Lewis near the Butt of Lewis. The conversion has retained some of the industrial features whilst creating spaces that are comfortable & welcoming.
We have two spacious semi-detached self-catering cottages. Both have full kitchens and comfortable living rooms. The back of the cottages have unobstructed views across the machair towards Eoropie beach and the front overlooks Loch Stiapabhat Nature Reserve. Each cottage has two private parking spaces as well as access to a covered area for bicycles.
We operate the cottages in an environmentally-friendly way in what we consider to be one of the most the spectacular settings in the world.
We are situated near the beautiful Eoropie beach and within the glorious Loch Stiapabhat nature reserve with its wildlife observatory just a 5-minute walk away.
Eoropie Dunes award-winning children’s play-park, a sports centre (gym, sauna, sports hall, 10-pin bowling) is also just a short walk away & the Butt of Lewis lighthouse is just a 5 minute drive.
We provide a welcome basket including black pudding, eggs, tablet, milk, butter and bread (local when available). We also supply soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner from the Highland Soap Company as well as tea and coffee.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Fianais Cottage||from £100.00 to £220.00 per unit per night|
|Muirneag cottage||from £100.00 to £220.00 per unit per night|
*Prices are between £100 and £220 per night depending on time of year.
We do a 20% discount for stays of over a week applied automatically.
- Self Catering Holiday
- Eating Out Facilities within 2 miles - The closest places to eat are the Wobbly Dog, Breakwater and Cross Inn.
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop - Cross Stores and Swainbost Shop nearby
- Children Welcome
- Highchair Available
- Outdoor Play Area - We do have some grass in front of house, back is private
- Dishwasher - Fianais has a dishwasher, Muirneag does not
- Electric Cooker
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property - central heating and electric heaters
- Iron Available
- Linen Provided
- Private Bathroom - 1 ensuite per cottage
- Shared Bathroom - 1 shared bathroom per cottage
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine - Muirneag has a washing machine, Fianais does not
- WC EnSuite - 1 ensuite per cottage
- Internet Access
- No Smoking Permitted - No smoking on property, need to smoke by the road
- Picnic Area
- Smoking Restricted
- DVD Player - some bedrooms have dvd players
- Garden - grass at front of the house is for guests, the back is private
- Television - streaming only
- TV In Room
- TV Lounge - Muirneag has a living room with TV.
- Coastal Location
- Island Location
- Lochside Location
- Remote Location
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View - partial sea view
- Village Location
- American Express Card
- Bank Transfers Accepted
- Debit Card
- Delta Card
- Diners Card
- JCB Card
- Maestro Card
- Solo Card
- Switch Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers
- Business Travellers
- Children Welcome
- Coach Parties Welcome
- Disabled Citizens
- Groups Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- Non smokers
- School Groups Welcome
- Senior Citizens
- Single Travellers
- Young People
- Bike Storage Available
- Cycle Hire Nearby - Stornoway
- Disabled Parking
- On Public Transport Route
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- mcgeas2325Overnight Stay15th June 2021Nice people, lovely rooms, lots of space. We were finishing the Hebridean Way by bike. Terrible weather and we were cold and wet. Contacted David and arranged an early check-in. When we arrived there... Read full review
- AeolusTorbay_ukPaignton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAn evolving business16th July 2021This is clearly something of a new venture for David & Ariana and we are sure that they will adapt in the light of feedback. It does not feel like a traditional B&B, and certainly did not feel like... Read full review
- APBG AEdinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAwkward but things can get better30th October 2021Our little family of 5 spent a month this summer embracing covid travel restrictions exploring our beautiful western isles. We started in Tiree and crawled north until we reached the edge of Europe... Read full review