The Royal Hotel is Stornoway's most historic hotel. A traditional 3 star hotel, where you can relax and enjoy Hebridean hospitality – whether you’re visiting us on holiday to the Outer Hebrides or dining in either our Boatshed Restaurant or HS-1 Cafe-Bar. The Royal Hotel is perfectly situated for your stay in Stornoway with views from your room across the marina towards Lews Castle, the town centre on your doorstep and the local beaches and visitor attractions just a short drive away.
We aim always to offer the special, warm hospitality for which our local people are famous – you’ll see it in the way we welcome and look after you throughout your stay in Stornoway. If there’s anything you need that we may be able to help with – just ask. Our greatest strengths are our people – all committed to working hard to provide you with a truly enjoyable visit to Stornoway.
We have two dining options at the Royal Hotel with something to suit all tastes. Our Boatshed restaurant is a stylish, modern restaurant overlooking Stornoway Harbour and Lews Castle. Menus at the Boatshed celebrate the best of Scottish produce with an emphasis on local seafood and our local hand-dived scallops, mussels and creel caught langoustines are not to be missed!
If you are looking for a more casual dining experience then our recently refurbished HS-1 Cafe-Bar is for you. This is the perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy a meal with friends and family in a relaxed setting.
For more information, please see our website www.royalstornoway.co.uk or call us on 01851 702109.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Rooms||from £119.00 to £185.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Family Room||from £149.00 to £189.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Single Rooms||from £79.00 to £89.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Twin Room||from £119.00 to £175.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*Pricing dependant on the season
- Bar Available
- Breakfast Available
- Dinner Available
- Full Alcohol Drinks License
- Licensed Bar / Clubroom
- Lunch Available
- Hairdryer Available
- Iron Available
- Disabled Access
- No Smoking Permitted
- Open To Non Residents
- Room Service Available
- Satellite / Cable TV
- Island Location
- Town Centre
- Debit Card
- VISA Card
- Disabled Citizens
- No Pets Allowed
- Free Parking On-Site - Small private carpark at the rear of the hotel
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good169
- jackgray47Very good staff pleasant rooms11th July 2021Good quiet location. The room was comfortable and good size. The only down side was lack of privacy in room (no 12) the room adjoined the roof of another part of hotel and had workmen passing by. so... Read full review
- BluePeteHartlepool, United Kingdom3 Night stay14th July 2021Very central , located near CO-OP , there is no lift to the rooms , so travel light. The room I had was adequate , clean and tidy , good shower. There is no lounge where you can sit , I could not... Read full review
- Aneeka AGlasgow, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelExcellent stay21st July 2021Lovely little hotel a stone’s throw from the main streets. There is parking but only ~8 spots, I got a space no problem (there is parking nearby anyway). I stayed in a single room which was tiny but... Read full review