Ceol na Mara is an award-winning 4-Star Gold guest house, ideally located only a few minutes by car from the Tarbert Ferry Terminal.
Surrounded by croft land, we enjoy privacy, peace and seclusion, and have wonderful views over the sea loch. We have four rooms comprising two Super-King Rooms (En-Suite), a Twin Room (En-Suite), and a Double Room (with Private Bathroom), with guests having access to two lounges.
Having a high reputation for customer service, our guests can relax at Ceol na Mara and thoroughly enjoy their stay on the islands.
Our breakfasts are a highlight of your stay, featuring a large breakfast menu of local produce including home-made bread, granola, muesli, porridge, locally sourced smoked kippers and haddock, and, of course, a traditional Scottish breakfast featuring the world-famous Stornoway black pudding. In addition, we can cater for those who are gluten or lactose free. There is ample parking and our gardens give views over the surrounding croft to the sea loch, Loch Kendibig.
Our guests enjoy a complimentary dram of malt whisky on each night of their stay, and can have further drinks from our honesty bar if they wish. For those not wishing to eat out, our sharing platters always prove popular.
Our location is perfect for touring both the Isle of Harris and the Isle of Lewis, with nothing much further away than an hour or so.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Croft View Twin Room, En Suite||£136.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Heather - Double Room - Private Bathroom||£110.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Loch View - Super King En Suite||£136.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Machair - Super King En Suite||£136.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Breakfast Available - Emphasis placed on local produce Vegetarian and Vegan breakfasts available
- Dairy Free
- Eating Out Facilities within 2 miles
- Evening Meal By Arrangement - Fish or cheese sharing platter available by prior arrangement
- Full Alcohol Drinks License
- Nut Free Meals
- Organic Food
- Patio/Beer Garden
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop
- Tea & Coffee Available
- Hairdryer Available
- Iron Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- WC EnSuite - Three bedrooms en suite; one bedroom private bathroom
- Internet Access
- Smoking Restricted - Outside only
- CD Player - Lounge
- DVD Player - Lounge
- Hi-Fi - Lounge
- TV In Room
- TV Lounge
- Coastal Location
- Island Location
- Lochside Location
- Mountains area
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Waterfront Location
- Debit Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers
- Business Travellers
- Groups Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- Senior Citizens
- Single Travellers
- Young People - 14 or over with adults
- Free Parking On-Site
- On Public Transport Route - 400 metres
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good15
- Pioneer02043747531Edinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesUniquely luxurious B&B13th June 2021Quite simply the best B&B I’ve ever experienced! Jane and Dave were fabulous hosts, breakfasts were extraordinary and the honesty bar excellent. The local Harris Hotel offered excellent dinner menus... Read full review
- 15hywelbSuperb Guest House14th June 2021We first visited the Outer Hebrides 3 years ago and stayed at Ceol na Mara. So impressed were we that we built our itinerary for this trip around the availability of accommodation at Ceol na Mara! In... Read full review
- 523bethantA wonderful break on a stunning island23rd June 2021From dramatic and stunning mountains to Caribbean style beaches Harris has it all and you could not find a better base to explore the island than Ceol na Mara. Jane and Dave are wonderful hosts and... Read full review