Ceol na Mara is an award-winning 4-Star Gold bed and breakfast, ideally located only a few minutes by car from the Tarbert Ferry Terminal. Our position gives visitors easy access to all areas of Harris and Lewis with the Butt of Lewis being 1 and 1/2 hours away by car.
Surrounded by our own 50 acre croft, we enjoy privacy, peace and seclusion, having wonderful views over the sea loch with ample parking and garden area to admire the scenery and maybe see golden eagles who regualarly soar over us!
We have four rooms comprising two Super-King Rooms (En-Suite), a Twin Room (En-Suite), and a Double Room (with Private Bathroom), with guests having access to two lounges. Each room has a comprehensive welcome tray, including Nespresso machine and a small mini fridge with fresh milk. Our very comfortable beds have Egyptian cotton bed-linen and goose-down duvets.
We enjoy a very high reputation for customer service, our guests can relax in our home, thoroughly enjoying their stay on the islands.
Our breakfasts are a highlight of your stay, featuring a large breakfast menu of local produce including home-made bread, granola, muesli, porridge, locally sourced smoked kippers and haddock, and, of course, a traditional Scottish breakfast featuring the world-famous Stornoway black pudding. For 2022, we have developed a light bite menu including eggs benedict and smoked salmon options. In addition, we can cater for those who are gluten or lactose free
Our guests enjoy a complimentary dram of malt whisky on each night of their stay, and can have further drinks from our honesty bar if they wish. For those not wishing to eat out, our sharing platters, served on Sunday evenings only, always prove popular.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Croft View Twin Room, En Suite||£140.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Heather - Double Room - Private Bathroom||£115.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Loch View - Super King En Suite||£140.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Machair - Super King En Suite||£140.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Bar Available - Fully licensed with honesty bar
- Breakfast Available - Our breakfast menu includes our own homemade bread alongside a menu comprising full Scottish, smoked haddock, kippers, and a new for 2022 light bite menu including eggs benedict and smoked salmon. We offer a comprehensive selection of homemade cereals, yoghurts, fruit alongside our very popular Ceol na Mara special as well as creamy porridge.
- Dairy Free
- Eating Out Facilities within 2 miles
- Evening Meal By Arrangement - We offer guests either a fish or cheese sharing platter available by prior arrangement on Sunday evenings only. Platters are served at 6:30pm in the guest lounge or dining room. Due to our location on Harris, we need at least 7 days notice so we can order the quality produce we need.
- Full Alcohol Drinks License
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free Meals
- Organic Food
- Patio/Beer Garden
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop
- Snack Bar
- Tea & Coffee Available - Tea making and Nespresso machine in each room. You will find fresh milk in a small mini fridge. A variety of herbal teas is available in addition to decaf tea and coffee.
- Vegan Meals Available
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property
- Iron Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Provided
- Lounge - We have two guest lounges with the main one having extensive views over the sea loch and beyond. We often watch golden eagles and are lucky enough on some occasions to observe otters!
- Telephone - Mobile coverage has improved considerably on the islands in the last few years but should you need the house landline it is freely available.
- WC EnSuite - Three bedrooms en suite; one bedroom private bathroom (Heather)
- Internet Access - Free wifi throughout the house. We tend to access 30 to 40 Mbps download speeds. Occasionally guests need access for work purposes. With advance notice we can reduce use elsewhere to give you problem free zooming!
- Picnic Area - Our decking and garden provides you with space for drinks and also an evening picnic if you would like to make use of our amazing food vans on Harris!
- Smoking Restricted - Outside only
- CD Player - In our guest lounge
- DVD Player - In our guest lounge
- Radio - Accessed via our smart television.
- Satellite / Cable TV
- TV In Room - Flat smart TV with Freesat channels.
- TV Lounge
- WiFi - Free
- Coastal Location - Just 100m from the sea, Ceol na Mara is situated on our own 50 acre croft surrounded by open sea on one side and a sea loch directly in front of it
- Island Location
- Lochside Location
- Mountains area
- Remote Location
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Bank Transfers Accepted
- Debit Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers - We use goose down duvets and pillows, but can swap to synthetic if advised when booking.
- Business Travellers
- Groups Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- Single Travellers
- Young People - 14 or over with adults
- Bike Storage Available
- Free Parking On-Site
- On Public Transport Route - Local bus service to south Harris stops on the main road, 400 metres away from Ceol na Mara or a 1 mile walk places you in Tarbert where buses to Stornoway are located with more options.
- Private Parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good15
- PaulandLynda_11TringTrip Type:CouplesExceptional Guest House21st October 2021We stayed here for three nights on our two week tour of the Highlands and Islands and were extremely impressed with our accommodation. Dave and Jane warmly welcomed us on arrival and showed us our... Read full review
- Simon MSt. Albans, United KingdomWe will be coming back.31st October 2021We visited Ceol ne Mara Guest house at the end of their season and were one of the last guests to arrive and leave. They had been open for 7 months and judging by the welcome, attentions to detail... Read full review
- 319roddymLittle Dunmow, United KingdomBest Guest House ever!31st October 2021We stayed once in a b&B on the west coast of British Columbia which was rated 5 star by every one of hundreds of contibutors on Trip Advisor - it was completely deserved and we never expected to... Read full review