Peggy and John welcome you to their family run B and B overlooking the magnificent turquoise waters and silver sands of Vallay Strand on the western edge of North Uist.
Struan house is renowned for its warm and friendly hospitality.
Excellent base for exploring the island beaches,machair,lochs,marshes.birdwatching ,cycling and not to miss walking across to
Valley island which was once home to linen maker Erskine Beveridge.
There is a comfortable residents lounge to relax in ,which has plenty local Books ,Maps,TV,DVDs and family games .
Hearty Scottish breakfast start at 6 am .
Packed lunches are available for cyclists and walkers .
Please inform me if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/twin ensuite||£85.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Family with adjacent private bathroom||£85.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*Discount 3+ nights
Children under 8 free
- Breakfast Available
- Gluten Free
- Lunch Available - Packed lunches available
- Nut Free Meals
- Organic Food
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop
- Tea & Coffee Available - Selection of complementary beverages
- Vegetarian Food Available
- Children Welcome
- Cot Available
- Hairdryer Available
- Iron Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Laundry Facilities on Complex
- Open Hearth Fire
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Internet Access
- No Smoking Permitted
- Smoking Restricted
- Gaelic Speaking
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Entertainment Available - Family games available
- TV In Room
- TV Lounge
- Coastal Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Village Location
- Waterfront Location
- No Pets Allowed
- Bike Storage Available
- On Public Transport Route
- Private Parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- Sian SEdinburgh, United KingdomBest Sleep1st August 2023The best nights sleep I had on our island hopping holiday. Such comfortable beds. Peggy was a fantastic host, very chatty, friendly and made the best breakfast. There were six of us and we had three... Read full review
- Andre RVevey, SwitzerlandBeautifull location and fantastic hospitality6th August 2023A beautiful location overlooking an impressive sand beach (at low tide) or the open see (at high tide). We were in the triple and teh single room. They were modern with very confortable beds and we... Read full review
- lucindarossLondon, United KingdomA fantastic place to stay on North Uist!24th August 2023We had the most wonderful stay at Peggy's house- she is an exceptionally kind person who seems to have many jobs but always makes tome for her guests with wonderful breakfasts, clean and comfortable... Read full review