Peggy and John welcome you to their family run B and B overlooking the magnificent turquoise waters and silver sands of Vallay Strand on the western edge of North Uist.
Struan house is renowned for its warm and friendly hospitality.
Excellent base for exploring the island beaches,machair,lochs,marshes.birdwatching ,cycling and not to miss walking across to
Valley island which was once home to linen maker Erskine Beveridge.
There is a comfortable residents lounge to relax in ,which has plenty local Books ,Maps,TV,DVDs and family games .
Hearty Scottish breakfast start at 6 am .
Evening Meals and packed lunches are available for cyclists and walkers .
Please inform me if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/twin ensuite||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Family with adjacent private bathroom||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*Discount 3+ nights
Children under 8 free
- Breakfast Available
- Evening Meal By Arrangement
- Lunch Available - Packed lunches available
- Nut Free Meals
- Organic Food
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop
- Tea & Coffee Available - Selection of complementary beverages
- Vegetarian Food Available
- Children Welcome
- Cot Available
- Hairdryer Available
- Iron Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Laundry Facilities on Complex
- Open Hearth Fire
- Tumble Dryer
- Internet Access
- No Smoking Permitted
- Smoking Restricted
- Gaelic Speaking
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Entertainment Available - Family games available
- TV In Room
- TV Lounge
- Coastal Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Village Location
- Waterfront Location
- No Pets Allowed
- Bike Storage Available
- On Public Transport Route
- Private Parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- Alex SYork, United KingdomFantastic B&B14th August 2021My husband and I stayed here for a short break early July 2021. Peggy the host is so welcoming and her breakfasts are amazing. We were definitely full afterwards and often didn't eat again until... Read full review
- irishnellLongford, IrelandTrip Type:CouplesFantastic Hospitality25th August 2021My husband and I stayed for 6 nights in mid August. Our room was really lovely, comfortable, with ample storage and a small fridge. The breakfasts were exceptional. In addition to what we had... Read full review
- Martina KLondonWhat a lovely welcome and stay!1st September 2021We've cycled the Hebridean Way and stayed in 6 different places - mostly hotels - along the way. Struan House was our favourite and exceeded our expectations by a mile. Peggy was most welcoming, very... Read full review