Peggy and John welcome you to their family run B and B overlooking the magnificent turquoise waters and silver sands of Vallay Strand on the western edge of North Uist.
Struan house is renowned for its warm and friendly hospitality.
Excellent base for exploring the island beaches,machair,lochs,marshes.birdwatching ,cycling and not to miss walking across to
Valley island which was once home to linen maker Erskine Beveridge.
There is a comfortable residents lounge to relax in ,which has plenty local Books ,Maps,TV,DVDs and family games .
Hearty Scottish breakfast start at 6 am .
Evening Meals and packed lunches are available for cyclists and walkers .
Please inform me if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/twin ensuite||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Family with adjacent private bathroom||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*Discount 3+ nights
Children under 8 free
- Breakfast Available
- Evening Meal By Arrangement
- Lunch Available - Packed lunches available
- Nut Free Meals
- Organic Food
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop
- Tea & Coffee Available - Selection of complementary beverages
- Vegetarian Food Available
- Children Welcome
- Cot Available
- Hairdryer Available
- Iron Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Laundry Facilities on Complex
- Open Hearth Fire
- Tumble Dryer
- Internet Access
- No Smoking Permitted
- Smoking Restricted
- Gaelic Speaking
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Entertainment Available - Family games available
- TV In Room
- TV Lounge
- Coastal Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Village Location
- Waterfront Location
- No Pets Allowed
- Bike Storage Available
- On Public Transport Route
- Private Parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- trvlr39Stunning location, amazing hospitality1st October 2019I stayed with Peggy and John for a night in August, it was very comfortable and they provided an amazing traditional Scottish breakfast. Stunning views and wonderful hospitality. Would highly... Read full review
- GeraldineEdinbEdinburgh, United KingdomVery hospitable, gorgeous view14th November 2019We stayed for two nights, beautiful home cooked meal each night. Comfortable, generous and easy going. We enjoyed asking Peggy about life on the island. The view from the house over the estuary was... Read full review
- weblettesScotlandAmazing views and lovely hosts26th November 2019We stayed for three nights, as part of a birthday celebration earlier this month (November 2019) and Peggy and John were the perfect hosts, with a warm welcome, lots of friendly and interesting chat... Read full review