2021 will be our 15th season welcoming guests to our wonderful chain of islands, and we are delighted to be maintaining our reputation as one of the best places to stay in the Outer Hebrides. The only 5-star Bed and Breakfast / Guest House in the Outer Hebrides. Purpose designed and built as a spacious luxury guest house, Broad Bay House is equipped and decorated to a high quality contemporary style.
The location itself is worth the 5 star rating, just a few miles north of Stornoway in a small working crofting community, and adjacent to a sweeping sandy beach with direct access from the house to the shore, with an outstanding coastal location and views. On a clear day, the Scottish highlands can be seen across the Minch. Ideally located for exploring both the Isle of Lewis and the Isle of Harris.
Inside there are four spacious luxury en-suite bedrooms. All bedrooms are equipped with a flat screen Smart TV, a Bose Bluetooth speaker, DVD player and a Nespresso machine. Comfy Italian leather chairs provide space to relax and enjoy the outlook, and a step through the personal patio doors is a private decking area, with outdoor seating. If you need to work, each room has a desk and free Wi-Fi.
A good night’s sleep is assured with luxury mattresses, fine Egyptian cotton bed-linen and goose-down duvets. Your hospitality cupboard contains a range of complimentary teas, cafetiere coffee, biscuits, crisps, snacks and chocolate! All our rooms at Broad Bay House are finished to the highest of standards, with solid oak furniture, Harris Tweed accents, hair dryer, dressing gowns, complimentary slippers and Molton Brown toiletries.
Other free guest facilities include a guest laundry and a guest library. The house is fully licensed, and has a wide ranging and interesting wine, gin and malt whisky list.
A highlight of the house is the large guest dining/lounge area, which has a vaulted ceiling and windows on three sides, providing lovely views of the coast and local wildlife, while a solid fuel stove makes life cosy when the weather demands.
A full Scottish breakfast is served each morning and evening dinner or platters are available on 5 nights of the week.
- Arrival Date:
- 26th October 2021
- Departure Date:
- 27th October 2021
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Room 1 - Superking Double (or Twin)||£185.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Room 2 - Superking Double (or Twin)||£185.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Room 3 - King Size Double||£185.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|Room 4 - King Size Double, with sea view||£185.00 per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Bar Available - Fully licensed with honesty bar
- Breakfast Available - Our breakfast includes our own homemade bread and organic porridge - a large continental option with cereals, fruit, yogurt, croissants, homemade muffins and more. We offer a full cooked Scottish menu with plenty to choose from. We use top quality ingredients, locally sourced from artisan suppliers wherever possible.
- Evening Meal Available - We are pleased to offer our guests a 3 course evening meal 2 nights of the week and sharing platters on 3 nights of the week (excluding Monday & Thursday)
- Full Alcohol Drinks License
- Lunch Available - Packed Lunch available
- Patio/Beer Garden - Our guest lounge has raised decking on all three sides, overlooking our sandy bay.
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop - Our local shop, Post Office and Petrol station is a mile down the road.
- Tea & Coffee Available - Tea making and cafetieres in every bedroom. A great range of herbal and fruit teas are available, along with a complimentary Nespresso machine.
- Vegetarian - and Vegan
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property
- Ironing Facilities
- Laundry Facilities on Complex - Complimentary guest laundry facilities
- Lounge - Our guest lounge is a stunning large room, with vaulted ceiling, oak flooring and amazing sea views from the windows all three sides. Sit outside for great sea views.
- Multi Fuel Wood Burning Stove - In the cooler months our wood burning stove makes the guest lounge a cosy place to relax.
- Shower - Room 1 has a wet room shower. Rooms 3 and 4 have a large walk-in shower. Room 2 has a freestanding cast iron bath (big enough for 2!) with a shower over the bath.
- Tumble Dryer
- Disabled Access - Room 1 is suitable for our less mobile guests. The whole house is on one level and wheelchair friendly - please call to chat about any special needs.
- Internet Access - Free high speed WiFi throughout the house and bedrooms.
- No Smoking Permitted
- Picnic Area
- DVD Player - All bedrooms have a Home Cinema system for CD / DVD playing. We provide some local music in the room, plus a great selection of DVD's and CD's in the Guest Library.
- TV In Room - Samsung flat screen TV in each room, with full range of Freeview channels
- WiFi - Free
- Coastal Location - Just 60 feet from a sweeping sandy beach - direct access from the garden
- Island Location
- Remote Location
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View
- American Express Card
- Debit Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers - We normally use goose down duvets and pillows, but can swap to synthetic if advised when booking
- Business Travellers
- Dogs Welcome - Well behaved dogs considered in Room 1 only, please call to discuss first. We have to take into account our other guests preferences.
- Single Travellers
- Young People - 14 or over with adults
- Bike Storage Available
- Disabled Parking
- Free Parking On-Site
- On Public Transport Route - Local buses stop at the end of the driveway, heading into Stornoway