Grandfather's House is just 5 min walk from five Northton white/jewel beaches, Scarista beach, Caepaval and Moadal hillwalks start from the house. This cosy house (with designer wood/burner) is a romantic retreat, has many returning costumers much loved by honeymoon couple’s. The House has: well-equipped open-plan kitchen/lounge, De Longhi-Prima-Donna-de-Luxe, bean-to-cup coffee machine, wood-burner, design sheep-leather furniture, LED-TV, Wi-Fi speaker and was built to high standard with good quality King-size bed (160 x 200cm), crispy linen, fluffy towels and en-suite shower-room, 2 marble wash-basins and upstairs toilet too. We are delighted to inform you about walks, where to go fishing, spot wild-life, seals, otters, golden eagles, showing these with the OS map on the table.
Grandfather's House used to be an original Black-House (1900), has 1300mm thick stone walls, to withstand winter's weather and is a perfect spot to explore the amazing coast of Harris, unspoilt white sandy beaches and summer's blooming Northton's machair.
Harris Golf course 5.min.drive, ferry to Uist, 5.min, sea food restaurant's nearby, as well as Croft 36, located opposite GF House, fresh bread, home made delicious food every day available. Price includes: cleaning/heating/Wi-Fi/electricity/bed linen/towels, Sat-Sat.
Well behaved dog welcome on/request, agreeing to Dog Policy, £ 75 per/week.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Grandfathers Cottage - Sleeps 2||from £850.00 to £950.00 per unit per week|
*From £850 in low season, £950 April until the end of October.
Rent includes bedlinen, towels, Wi-Fi, cleaning service, electricity, heating, 1 bag of wood for the wood-burner.
Small, medium-sized dog on request, agreeing to dog Policy. Fee £75 p/w
Covid reassurance, disinfected, steam cleaned, bring your own pillows and financial reassurance payments will; be refunded in case of a Government's travel ban.
- Eating Out Facilities within 2 miles - Temple Café, Anchorage Restaurant, Machair Kitchen, Scarista House
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop - Co-op Clachan shop - Leverburgh
- Air Conditioning
- Electric Shaver Point
- Freezer - Compartment in fridge
- Gas Cooker - 4 hob
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property
- Iron Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Provided
- Microwave - lLarge combination microwave/oven/grill
- Multi Fuel Wood Burning Stove
- Shower - En-suite
- Towels Provided - Large fluffy towels
- WC EnSuite - Also downstairs toilet
- Internet Access
- French Speaking
- German Speaking - Fluent
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Entertainment Available - Books, DVD's, games
- Garden - Large garden to the front and large garden to the rear and side
- Gift Shop - Gallery on site
- Satellite / Cable TV
- TV Lounge
- Coastal Location
- Island Location
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View - From bedroom beach/sea views
- Village Location - One street village ending at the beach
- Bank Transfers Accepted
- Dogs Welcome - On request - only £75 p/w
- Bike Storage Available
- Cycle Hire Nearby
- On Public Transport Route
- Private Parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- pamelat1958Newport-on-Tay, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOUTSTANDING!22nd May 2021It’s sometimes hard to describe a place in words when its given you so much. We felt so relaxed, so at peace and completely overwhelmed by the cottage (Seaview House) the setting and the warm welcome... Read full review
- Companion24729647746Cumbria, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayPerfect.22nd May 2021I have just returned from the most amazing stay in the most beautiful cottage. Jan and Suzan are the perfect hosts and made us so very welcome. This was the second time we have stayed in the cottage... Read full review
- darroch13Nethy Bridge, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic22nd May 2021Just arrived home from a second visit to Gannet cottage with the lovely suzan and Jan this is just the most magical place to stay it makes my heart sore I can't wait to return for 2 weeks next year... Read full review