A relaxed warm welcome awaits at Grianaig Guest House.
A stunning location to explore Uist with mountain and machairs views surrounding the property.
We have 4 large ensuite bedrooms with showers; 2 King rooms and 2 Super king rooms. Our King rooms overlook the far reaching machair to the rear of the property. Luxurious bedding, dressing gowns and towels are supplied for all rooms. The Superking rooms look out across the mountain views to the front, these rooms also have smart tv’s with Netflix and digital services, and fabulously comfy Superking beds. Our large guest lounge with smart TV, board games and plenty of books to get lost in is available to all and when the cooler months are here the log fire is lit. The lounge and breakfast area offers guests unlimited amounts of tea & coffee, Nespresso machine and homemade baking available 24hrs a day for all guests to enjoy.
Each morning a plentiful breakfast is served. Our own homemade bread, cereals, juices and freshly baked croissants provide just the start. Eggs from our own free roaming chickens and local island produce allows us to offer plenty of hot cooked options ready to get out and explore Uist….
Breakfast is included in all rates.
Free wifi available throughout the whole property.
Local Supermarket is only 5 mins away
Perfectly located for walking or cycling the Hebridean Way.
Bike racks and washing facilities on site. A drying area is provided for all wet gear on request.
Offer restaurant and takeaway information as well as island guidance.
We are happy to organise transfers, luggage, golf, boat tours and wildlife tours on request (additional charges will apply). Please contact us for further information.
Extremely well located to enjoy Askernish links golf course (5 minute drive).
Cladh Hallan round houses dating back over 2,000 years (5 minute drive).
Lochboisdale and the ferry (10 minute drive) where you’ll also find food, gifts & coffee.
A short journey by car to Eriskay (15 minutes) home of Bonnie Prince Charlie beach and site of the original Whisky Galore adventure and the Eriskay Ponies. Escape for the day to the Isle of Barra - the Barra ferry (15 minute drive) and a short crossing.
Stunning beaches & wildlife - all around us!
We look forward to welcoming you to South Uist……
£100 - £140 per room per night inclusive of breakfast, Prices depend on type ie, King or Superking
- By Car
- By Cycle
- By Walking
- Breakfast Available - Our breakfast includes our own homemade bread, eggs supplied by our free roaming chickens and ducks, freshly baked croissants, Cereals & juices. Hot cooked options including our favourite 'Grianaig Eggs' to set you off for the day ahead. Top Ingredients and kept as local as possible.
- Dairy Free - Please advise in advance
- Eating Out Facilities within 2 miles - Local hotel restaurant and takeaway options
- Evening Meal Available
- Full Alcohol Drinks License - Honesty bar on site
- Gluten Free - Please advise in advance
- Nut Free Meals - Please advise in advance
- Patio/Beer Garden - garden
- Shop within 2 Miles / Mobile Shop - Our local shop, post office, doctors is only a few minutes away.
- Tea & Coffee Available - Unlimited tea and coffee in the guest lounge, decaf and herbal options as well as a complimentary Nespresso coffee machine available 24 hrs a day, freshly baked cakes provided on arrival.
- Vegan Meals Available - Please advise in advance
- Vegetarian Food Available - Please advise in advance
- Hairdryer Available
- Iron Available
- Linen Provided
- Log Fire - In the cooler months the log. Fire will be lit so guests can sit, relax and enjoy the log fire.
- Lounge - A large guest lounge with log burner, guest smart TV with Netflix, unlimited tea and coffee facilities with daily homemade cakes.
- Multi Fuel Wood Burning Stove
- Private Bathroom
- Shower - all rooms have ensuite showers
- Towels Provided - Luxury towels, dressing gowns and slippers
- Wash Hand Basin
- WC EnSuite
- Equipment Hire - paddle boarding and boat trips nearby
- Internet Access - Free unlimited WIFI throughout the house and bedrooms
- No Smoking Permitted
- Picnic Area - benches surround the property to enjoy the views that are all around us.
- Smoking Restricted
- Entertainment Available - board games, cards etc
- Garden - keep an eye out for some incredible bird life that comes past the house daily.
- Satellite / Cable TV - smart tv digital with digital options such as Iplayer and Netflix
- Television - TV's are only in the superking rooms
- TV In Room - TV's are only in the superking rooms
- TV Lounge - Guest lounge has a communal TV
- Coastal Location - The 26 mile white sady beach is only 10 minutes away by car!
- Island Location
- Lochside Location
- Mountains area - Stunning mountain views
- Remote Location
- Rural Location
- American Express Card
- Debit Card
- Delta Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers - dogs, chickens and ducks on site so we may not be suitable for guests with allergies
- Business Travellers
- Groups Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- Senior Citizens - please be aware the beds are higher from the ground as hotel type beds.
- Single Travellers - both room types are available for single travellers
- Young People - over 18 years
- Airport Transport Supplied - taxis available to book
- Bike Storage Available
- Cycle Hire Nearby
- Cycle Rack - 4 bike cycle rack next to the property
- EV Charging
- Free Parking On-Site
- On Public Transport Route - the bus is bookable in advance or taxis
- Private Parking - Plenty of free parking on site