AboutA lighthouse is located here to mark the western limit of the Minch . It was designed by David and Charles Stevenson, built by John Aitken and first lit in December 1900
There are spectacular views from here across the Minch to the mainland, and in the other direction into and across Broad Bay. This is a good point to see the sun rise over the mountains of the mainland.
The rising sun taken from the shadow of the lighthouse can produce a very pleasing image.