AboutThis traditional stone cottage, on Great Bernera, Isle of Lewis, has just been extensively renovated and upgraded and just like Valasay, our other property, it has been awarded 4 star grading by VisitScotland.
It is a great location for walking, being on the coastal walking route to the beautiful Bosta beach where you'll find an Iron Age house. The old byre, by the house, offers storage facilities for kayaks, and the cottages location by the sea means that kayaks can be launched from the 12 acre croft to explore the area around Loch Roag.
Inside the holiday cottage, the cosy lounge has a lovely cottagey feel enhanced by high ceilings, deep window ledges and a feature alcove where you'll find lots of local interest books and maps. Resting on a slate hearth is a multi-fuel stove since no cottage is complete without dancing flames! No expense has been spared to provide top quality furniture including Jane Churchill and Laura Ashley fabrics and solid oak furniture throughout.
The kitchen is a lovely bright room which is bathed in sunlight all afternoon and evening thanks to 3 windows on 2 walls. We have maintained the cottage feel by fitting cream shaker style kitchen units under an oak effect worktop. Leading from the kitchen is a porch where outdoor clothes can be stored.
2 sunny bedrooms ensure that you are well rested to make the most of your holiday. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed, built in wardrobe and ensuite shower room whilst the twin room has versatile zip and link beds which convert from 2 singles to a large king size bed.
The large family sized bathroom has a free-standing shower cubicle, with powerful thermostatic shower as well as a bath, washhand basin and toilet. You’ll find an electric shaver point here too.
For those who want to keep in touch with friends and family, we provide WiFi free of charge and our collection of books, maps and DVDs ensure that you will make the most of your time here.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- Glib62Lancashire, United KingdomPerfect location and accommodation to fully appreciate the Isle of LewisMonday, 17th April 2017The location is amazing, with stunning views in all directions, the best of which is from the kitchen window across the sea towards Kneep sands. For bird lovers, you can watch the many coming and... Read full review
- krystynascobieLinlithgow, United KingdomAmazing peaceful locationMonday, 27th March 2017Beautiful and well maintained cottage. Wonderful views and setting. Great welcome from the owner. For those who love outdoors and natural beauty an excellent starting point for visits around the... Read full review
- A BBasingstoke, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelBright and windy cottage with viewsTuesday, 6th December 2016Atlantic Cottage has a bright, fresh interior. It is very clean and the kitchen has good facilities - with decent quality crockery, glassware and pans - much better than many rentals. My stay was in... Read full review
Map & Directions
By seaCaledonian MacBrayne runs car and passenger ferries to all the islands all year round: Ullapool to Stornoway (Lewis); Uig (Skye) to Tarbert (Harris) and Lochmaddy (North Uist); and Oban to Barra. Ferries also run between: Castlebay (Barra) to Lochboisdale (South Uist); Berneray (North Uist) to Leverburgh (Harris) and Eriskay (South Uist) to Barra. For all ferry journeys it is advisable to book vehicle space in advance, but this is not necessary for passengers. For ferry times and reservations contact: Caledonian MacBrayne on +44 (0)8705 650000 or try their Stornoway office on +44 (0)1851 702361. You can also check timetables and book online at www.calmac.co.uk. By airFlybe operated by Loganair operates flights 4 times daily, Monday to Saturday, to Stornoway from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness. There is also a Sunday flight from Glasgow. There are also daily flights from Glasgow to Barra and Benbecula, from Monday to Saturday, with additional Sunday flights to Barra in the summer months. For details phone 0871 2007000 or check timetables and book online atwww.flybe.com. Eastern Airways have one return flight Monday - Friday from Aberdeen to Stornoway. To book telephone +44 (0) 8703 669 100 or visit www.easternairways.com
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Atlantic View Cottage||from £350.00 to £750.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Please fill in the details below. Fields marked with a * are required.
Your enquiry form is submitted by email to the accommodation provider who will respond to you directly. No commissions will be charged if you make a booking.
- Electric Cooker
- Electric Shaver Point
- Hairdryer Available
- Heating Throughout Property
- Iron Available
- Linen Provided
- Multi Fuel Wood Burning Stove
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- WC EnSuite
- Internet Access
- Coastal Location
- Island Location
- Lochside Location
- Remote Location
- Rural Location
- Sea/Loch View
- Waterfront Location
- Delta Card
- Switch Card
- VISA Card
- Allergy Sufferers
- Children Welcome
- No Pets Allowed
- Young People
- Holiday Rentals
- Self Catering Holiday
- 4 Star Self Catering
- Welcome Schemes Ancestral Welcome 2012
- Welcome Schemes Walkers Welcome 2012
- Welcome Schemes Cyclists Welcome 2012
- Other Awards Outer Hebrides Tourism Member - Gold Listing Level 2013
- Green Tourism Energy Isles Award 2016
|Open New Year|
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|